Society registration in Jharkhand
The Societies Registration Act, 1860 is a legislation in India which allows the registration of entities generally involved in the benefit of society – education, health, employment etc.
The British Indian Empire, with a wish to encourage such activities and to promote the formal organisation of groups of like minded people, incorporated the Act 21 of 1860, in other words, The Societies Registration Act, 1860 (21 of 1860), which came into force on 21 May 1860. The Act continues until today and being an Act of Parliament, comes under the Right To Information Act, wherein the government is legally responsible to give any information requested by any citizen of India with respect to any society.
Documents Required For Society Registration
- Affidavit No. 1 regarding ownership and NOC for registered office of society
- Affidavit No. 2 regarding persons not related to each other and name of society
- ID Proofs of all the members
- Address Proof of all the members
- Electricity/ Water bill (Business Place)
- Copy of Property papers (If owned property)
- Landlord NOC (Format will be provided)
Why Society Registration
- Independent judicial persons
- Can purchase property
- Secured assets
- Exemptions from income tax
- Limited liability
- Easily inheritable
1, why we should formed a society/association?
Association can be formed for the following reasons :
- Arts, literature, educaticational, cultural, charity, and religious
- Fine Arts, crafts
- Knowledge of commerce and industry
- Promotion of scientific temper in the society
- Political education and training
- Sports (excluding games of chance)
- Diffusion of any knowledge or any public purpose,
- Maintaining Library
2, what is the minimum number of people to form a society/association?
A minimum number of 7 persons who are above 18 years of age can form a society or an association.