Import Export license in Jharkhand-IEC license or Import Export license or IEC code is required by a person for exporting or importing goods. IEC(Import Export Code) is known as many names such as importer exporter code, import export code, import export license, import export number, IE code, IEC license, IE license etc. In simple terms, IE CODE NO. It is a 10 digit code which is issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT).
Import Export Code Number is unique 10 digit code number gave by Government of India. On the off chance that an individual is keen on making imports and commodities, it is obligatory for him to apply for Import Export Code Number (IEC).
IEC structures the essential record for acknowledgment by Government of India as an Exporter/Importer. Based on IEC, organizations can get different advantages on their commodities/imports from DGFT, Customs, Export Promotion Council and so on
Ordinary opportunity to enlist an Importer/Exporter Code in India is 10 working days time.
An Importer Exporter Code (IEC) is a key business recognizable proof number which is obligatory for send out from India or Import to India. No product or import will be made by any individual without acquiring an IEC. For administrations sends out nonetheless, IEC will not be vital with the exception of when the specialist co-op is taking advantages under the Foreign Trade Policy. An individual or a business element needs a 10 digit code to import or commodity items or administrations. This code is known as Import Export Code or IEC and it is given by DGFT, Ministry of Commerce and Industries, Govt. of India.
Import Export (IE) Code India is an enrollment of an import and product organizations with Indian Custom office that import and product items from India. IE Code is given by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), Ministry of Commerce and Industries, Government of India. IE Code application should be made to the Directorate General of Foreign Trade alongside the vital supporting reports. Once, the application is submitted, DGFT will give the IE Code for the substance in 15 – 20 working days or less.
IE Code enrollment is extremely durable enlistment which is legitimate for a lifetime. Henceforth, there will be no problems for refreshing, documenting and recharging of IE Code enlistment. It is substantial until the business exists or the enrollment is denied or given up. Further, dissimilar to burden enlistments like GST enrollment or PF enlistment, the shipper or exporter doesn’t need to document any filings or follow some other consistence necessity like yearly recording.
As IE code enlistment is one-time and requires no extra consistence, it is prescribed for all organizations and LLPs to get IE code after joining.
IEC is required in following situations:
- When an importer has to clear his shipments from the customs then it’s needed by the customs authorities.
- When an importer sends money abroad through banks then it’s needed by the bank.
- When an exporter has to send his shipments then its needed by the customs port.
- When an exporter receives money in foreign currency directly into his bank account then its required by the bank.
- Applying for IEC (Import/Export Code) Registration
- First up, you need to prepare an application form in the specified format – Aayaat Niryaat form no. 2A format and file it with the respective Regional office of DGFT.
- Secondly, you need to prepare the required documents with respect to your identity & legal entity and address proof with your bank details & the certificate in respect of ANF2A.
- One your application is completed, you need to file with DGFT via DSC (Digital Signature Certificate) and pay the required fee for the IEC Registration.
- Finally, once your application is approved then you would receive the IEC Code in a soft copy from the government.
Benefits of Import Export license in Jharkhand:
1. Expansion of Business
2. Availing Several Benefits
3. No Filling of returns
4. Easy Processing
5. No need for renewal
Q. What is the need/use of IEC?
IEC forms the primary document for recognition by Government of India as an Exporter/Importer. On the basis of IEC, companies can obtain various benefits on their exports/imports from DGFT, Customs, and Export Promotion Council etc.
Q. What is IEC?
Import Export Code Number is unique 10 digit code number issued by Government of India. If a person is interested in making imports & exports, then it is mandatory for him to apply for Import Export Code Number (IEC).