Trade license in Jharkhand. Process, cost, checklists and other details.
Trade License is a certificate/document which grants the permission to carry on a particular trade or business for which it is issued. It does not confer ownership of property or permission for any other activity other than for which it is issued.
Categories of trade license:-
- Food establishment license: hotels, restaurants, canteen, food stall, bakeries, the sale of vegetables and meat etc.
- Industries license: small and large scale manufacturing factories, cyber café etc.
- Shop license: a barber shop, dhobi shop, candle manufacturer etc.
Eligibility for getting a trade license:-
- Person must have crossed minimum ages (18 years).
- Person must not have any criminal records.
- Business must be capable of executing legal work.
3 important points before you apply it:-
- Application has to made before you start running your business.
- Renewal of application must be filled in 30 working days before expiry of the license.
- Once license issued and it has to be maintained on annual basis.
Q. What is period for license renewal?
Renewal period is from January first to March 31st of every year.
Q. Why Do You Need a Trade License?
Trade license ensures that business carried within the city is according to the rules, standards and safety guidelines. You just cannot setup a mini manufacturing unit in your residence.