DOT OSP License in Jharkhand. As per New Telecom Policy (NTP) 1999, Other Service Providers (OSP), such as tele-banking, tele-medicine, tele-trading, e-commerce etc will be allowed to operate by using infrastructure provided by various access providers for non-telecom services. The Telecom Commission in May 1999, accorded in principle approval for registration of Call Centers, both International and Domestic, in the country under the above category.
‘OSP Centre’ is the infrastructure at a location in India which is used by the OSP for providing the Application Services. ‘Domestic OSP’ means the OSP providing the Application Services within national boundaries. ‘International OSP’ means the OSP providing the Application Services beyond national boundaries.
OSP Registration Requirement
To obtain a OSP Registration in India, it is mandatory for the entity to be a Private Limited Company. Therefore, Entrepreneurs having plans for starting a call center or BPO or e-commerce or other IT Enabled Services must incorporate a Private Limited Company.
- Certificate of Incorporation issued by Registrar of CompanyMemorandum and Article of AssociationBoard resolution or Power of Attorney authorizing the authorised signatory with attested signatures
- Nature of business / activities of the proposed OSP and all the documents must be certified with seal by either Company Secretary or one of the Directors of the Company or Statutory Auditors or Public Notary.
If the actual information is different from the Mandatory documents the following should be submitted.
- List of present Directors of the company
- Present shareholdings pattern of the company indicating equity details (Indian Equity and Foreign Equity)
- A processing fee of Rs.1000/- is payable along with the application for registration in the form of a demand draft from a scheduled bank in favour of the concerned Accounts Officer of registering authority.
- All the documents must be certified with seal by either Company Secretary or one of the Directors of the Company or Statutory Auditors or Public Notary.
A company can have more than one registration (i.e. multiple registration is possible). The OSP shall intimate the Authority in case the OSP proposes to change the POP or add another POP. The validity of registration shall be 20 years from the date of issue, unless otherwise mentioned in the registration letter. It can be extended. The OSP shall inform the Authority with supporting documents if there is any change in the name or address of the company as stated in the Performa submitted at the time of registration.
Q. What is OSP?
Open Settlement Protocol (OSP) is a client-server protocol that manages access control, accounting, usage data and inter-domain routing to make it easier for Internet service providers (ISPs) to support IP telephony.