Contractor license in Jharkhand-PWD License in Jharkhand
Contractor license in Jharkhand or PWD license in Jharkhand- Contractor license means registration of contractor with Public works department of the state. Public works department which is also known as PWD, looks after works of construction of public properties and development of infrastructure in the state. A contractor, who wants to work as contractor in a particular field has to get himself registered as contractor with that particular wing of PWD department like if a contractor has expertise to build buildings, he can enlist himself with Building Construction Department of PWD. A contract is legally enforceable because it meets the requirements and approval of the law. Getting a contractor license involves the completion of several steps that will allow you to legally accept and complete contracting work in your state. A contract is a legally binding agreement which recognizes and governs the rights and duties of the parties to the agreement. An agreement typically involves the exchange of goods, services, money, or promises of any of those. In the event of breach of contract, the law awards the injured party access to legal remedies such as damages and cancellation.
TYPES OF CONTRACTOR
The six types of contracts are:
- Lump sum contract
- Item rate contract/unit price contract
- Lump sum and scheduled contract
- Cost plus fixed fee contract
- Cost plus percentage of cost contract
- Special contracts
Special contracts are further classified into five types:
- Turnkey contract
- Negotiated contract
- Package contract
- Continuing contract
- Running contract
Procedure for registration
The contractor shall submit an application in the prescribed proforma to the concerned authority together with necessary documents in support of his application. The authority competent to register the contractor will take action to verify the credentials and antecedents of the Contractor and issue “Contractor Registration Card” to the Contractor in eligible Class and for the Item of work applied.
- Processing Time: The Contractor Registration Card shall be issued within a 30 days from the date of receipt of application.
- Delivery of Contractor Registration Card: The Contractor Registration Card shall be delivered only to the Contractor or dispatched by Registered post acknowledgement due or by courier to the address given in the application form.
Q. Can I work under someone else’s GC License? If so, how would this be done?
If I remember correctly you can use a contractor’s license say if you’re sub contracted and pay a percentage of what you make.
Q. How can I become an electrical contractor in India?
Become an Electrical Contractor in Five Simple Steps.
- Complete a High School Diploma.
- Successfully Work as an Electrician’s Helper.
- Complete Vocational Training or an Apprenticeship.
- Pass a Certification/Licensing Exam.
- Find Work as a Contractor.
Q. If I’m going to build a small house and then sell it, do I need a contractor’s license in the state of Tennessee?
Most likely, but you will have to do some research on your state’s specific requirements.