SSI MSME license stands for Small Scale Industry and Micro, small and medium enterprises and any enterprise that falls under any of these three categories. MSME enterprises are the backbone of any economy and are an engine of economic growth, promoting equitable development for all. MSME Enterprises are typically more labour intensive than large corporate and provide tremendous employment potential at a very low capital cost. MSME also share a major portion of industrial production and exports in India and play a pivotal role in the development of industrial economy.
Documents required for MSME registration
- Aadhaar Number– 12 digit Aadhaar number issued to the applicant.
- Name of Owner– The applicant name as mentioned on the Aadhaar Card issued by UIDAI.
- Social Category – Applicants Caste: General / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Other Backward Castes. The proof of belonging to SC, ST or OBC may be asked by appropriate authority, if and when required.
- Name of Enterprise– Name of the legal entity to conduct business. One applicant can have more than one enterprises doing business and each one can be registered for a separate Udyog Aadhaar and with the same Aadhaar Number.
- Type of Organization– Type of Business entity or Legal Entity.
- Partnership Firm
- Hindu Undivided Family
- Private Limited Company
- Public Limited Company
- Self Help Group
- Others (Limited Liability Partnership)
- Postal Address– Address of the business including mobile and email address.
- Date of Commencement– The date on which businesses was started.
- Previous Registration Details– Details of previous MSME registration, if applicable should be entered here.
- Bank Details– Details of bank account of the company including IFSC Code and Bank Account number.
- Major Activity– Major area of activity of the business – manufacturing or service.
- NIC Code– The appropriate NIC Code should be entered from the National Industrial Classification (NIC) handbook. Click here to download NIC Code Handbook.
- Person employed– The total number of people employed in the business.
- Investment in Plant & Machinery / Equipment– Amount of money invested in terms of machinery and equipment by the business.
- DIC– Details of the District Industry Center nearest to the business, if required.
Q.Can a company ask for a MSME certificate?
If yes, the Company must ask for the MSME Registration Certificate along with the declaration that during the period of supply of goods or the services, they were falling under the definition of micro or small enterprises.
Q.What does “date of deemed acceptance” mean?
In accordance with MSME Act, 2006, “the day of deemed acceptance” means where no objection is made in writing by the buyer regarding acceptance of goods or services within fifteen days from the day of the delivery of goods or the rendering of services, the day of the actual delivery of goods or the rendering of services.