FSSAI license in Jharkhand- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is an autonomous body established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India. The FSSAI has been established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which is a consolidating statute related to food safety and regulation in India. FSSAI License is responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the regulation and supervision of food safety.
FSSAI stands for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India, an organization which oversees and manages the food business in India. It is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of the Government of India.
The FSSAI license is a 14-digit number required by individuals who wish to operate as food business operators. The main purpose of the FSSAI license is to ensure that food products packaged, sold or marketed by food businesses meet the quality standards mandated by FSSAI.
FSSAI was established under the Food Safety and Standards Act 2006 (FSS Act) which is the consolidated status of food safety and regulation in India. This ensures that food quality controls are in place, limiting the adulteration of food and the sale of inappropriate products. He is responsible for the registration and licensing of Food Business Operators (FBO) in India and establishes the rules and regulations for running a food business in India.
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is a legal entity that offers food licenses to all food business operators (FBOs) in India. All FBOs must comply with all FSSAI food quality control rules and regulations.
FBO requires a license or FSSAI registration and it all depends on certain factors such as: B. the size of the production, the way the food company is run and the size of the business. During the FSSAI registration process, the FBO receives a 14-digit number printed on the food packaging.
The FSSAI registration ensures food safety and is basically a food safety certificate issued by the Food Authority of India. All manufacturers, distributors, restaurants, wholesalers, importers and exporters, etc. meet the requirements for obtaining a license from the FSSAI. The FSSAI license ensures that food products undergo certain quality checks, reducing the occurrence of substandard counterfeit products.
Support Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, FSSAI or Food Safety and Standards Authority is an autonomous body established under the Food Safety and Standards Act 2006. FSSAI is responsible for the promotion and protection of public health through enforcement and monitoring and regulation of food safety through designation of state-level food safety agencies.
The FSSAI is headed by a non-executive Chairperson, appointed by the Central Government, either holding or has held the position of not below the rank of Secretary to the Government of India.
Requirements for FSSAI Registration
- FSSAI Registration is a basic license and it is required for all the FBO involved in the small-scale food business. This category covers the following business:-
- Any FBO with an annual turnover of not more than Rs. 12 Lakhs
- Petty retailer dealing in food products
- Any person who manufactures or sells any food article by himself
- Food sale is done by the temporary stall holder
- Any individual who distributes food in any religious or social gathering except a caterer
- Small-scale or cottage industries dealing in the food business
Steps for Obtaining FSSAI Registration
- FSSAI registration is obtained by submitting an application under Form A to food and safety department.
- This application may be accepted or it may get rejected by the Department within 7 days from the application date and the fact has to be intimated to the applicant in writing
- If the application is accepted, then a registration certificate will be granted by the Department with the registration number and the photo of the applicant.
- FBO should prominently display the certificate of registration at the place of business during the business hours.
Common Documents required for obtaining FSSAI registration
- Form B which must be completely filled and signed
- Photograph and Identity proof of FBO
- Proof of possession of premises (e.g. Rental Agreement )
- Articles of Association/ Memorandum of Association Partnership Deed / Certificate of Incorporation etc
- List of food products manufactured or to be dealt with
- Food safety management system plan
FSSAI REGISTRATION FORM
The FSSAI required reports for Food License relies upon what sort of registration you require like, Simple Registration Form A or Food License Form B. Regardless of whether you require Form An or Form B currently relies upon your yearly turnover.
- FSSAI Registration Form A: Basic FSSAI Registration Form A is should have been documented when the little FBO has a yearly turnover of under 12 lakhs
- FSSAI Registration Form B: State FSSAI License structure B is should have been recorded when the food unit’s turnover is under 20 crores and whose zone of activity is restricted to the state as it were. It is given by the Government of state.
Central FSSAI License structure B is should have been recorded when the food unit’s turnover is in excess of 20 crores. It is given by the Central Government of India.
ADVANTAGES OF OBTAINING FSSAI LICENSE
The food business can get several legal benefits:
- Creates consumer awareness
- You can use FSSAI logo, which can build a goodwill among the customers.
- Set down science-based principles
- Regulate manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import of food
- To facilitate food safety
- The research and development sector is responsible to maintain the safety.
- New guidelines are introduced which are compatible with international organization
- Set up evidence proof studies for building policies.
- There is a huge chance of business expansion.
Laying down procedure and guidelines for notification of the accredited laboratories as per ISO17025 for quality assurance is also responsibility of FSSAI.
Question.1: How long does it take to get Fssai registration?
Ans: FSSAI Registration certificate will be issued on the 8th day of filing of application, if no action has been taken by Registering Authority in 7 days from the date of submission of application for registration
Question.2: How can I file Fssai annual return?
Ans: Every food manufacturer, importer, exporter, seller, etc., except the manufacturers of milk and milk products (they have to file a half-yearly return);
Every FBO with the business turnover equal to or exceeding Rs. 12 lakh.
Question.3: Can Fssai license be transferred?
Ans: In case of death of the FSSAI license holder, the FSSAI license can be transferred to the legal representative or any family member of the deceased holder. The legal representative or the family member must apply to the concerned Authority to transfer the license in his/her favor.