ESIC Registration in Jharkhand- ESI stands for Employee State Insurance managed by the Employee State Insurance Corporation which is an autonomous body created by the law under the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. Under this scheme, the employer needs to contribute an amount of 3.25% of the total monthly salary payable to the employee whereas the employer needs to contribute only 0.75% of his monthly salary every month of the year.
ESI stands for State Employee Insurance, which is administered by the State Employee Insurance Corporation (ESIC), an autonomous body established by law under the Ministry of Manpower and Employment of the Government of India.
The ESI program is introduced for Indian workers. Employees receive various medical, cash and other benefits under the ESI Act from contributions made to the ESI system by employers and employees.
This scheme provides workers registered under the ESI Act 1948 with full health insurance for the period of disability, restoration of health and ability to work.
It provides financial support to compensate for the loss of wages during his absence due to illness, maternity and accidents at work. The system also provides the right to medical care for family members.
Civil Service Insurance (ESI) is administered and regulated by the Civil Service Insurance Company, which is an autonomous body of the Ministry of Manpower and Employment of the Government of India. The ESI program was introduced for Indian employees, providing cash, medical and other benefits from the employee’s employer.
Currently, any factor or job or business employing more than 10 staff is a minimum wage of Rs. 21,000 must be registered with the ESIC.
The Civil Service Insurance Company, or ESIC, is a self-financing system of Social Security and Health Insurance that provides free medical benefits, sickness benefits, maternity benefits, disability benefits, and various other benefits such as funeral expenses and other physical assistance. by employees and their families.
Units or companies with 10 or more employees earning a salary of up to Rs 121,000 per month must be registered with ESIC under the ESI Act 1948 at a fixed salary percentage. Currently, insured employees contribute 0.25% of salaries to ESIC and insured employers pay 3.75% of salaries due to their employees. The state government also accounts for 1/8 of the cost of medical care. ESI registration is done through LegalRaast.
All companies and factories with more than 10 employees must apply for ESI registration within 15 days of the entry into force of the 1948 ESI Act that applies to them. ESI registration can be done through LegalRaasta in Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai and other Indian cities.
Currently employee contribution to ESIC (average 01/07/2019) is 0.75% of salary and employer is 3.25% of salary paid/paid to employees in each pay period.
There are two contribution periods of six months each and two corresponding performance periods of six months each.
ESIC registration is the legal responsibility of the manufacturer. This is mandatory under the rules and regulations of the ESI Act 1948.
ESIC Registration Online Process
The registration for employers under the ESI scheme is completely online. In other words, there is no need for the employers to submit any document physically either before or after the ESIC registration. Here’s a step by step guide to the ESIC registration online:
- Login to ESIC Portal:- To register as an employer under the ESI act, simply visit the esic.in and on the home page select ‘Click Here to Login’.A notification saying ‘If you have already installed the certificates, click here to continue’ would appear. Just press ‘click here’ to go to the ‘User Login’ page.Once you are on the ‘User Login’ page, click on ‘Sign Up’ option provided towards the bottom of the Captcha Field’. On doing so, the following ‘Sign Up Page’ would appear on your screen.
Fill in the details of the registration page: – Once on the “Registration” page, enter the details in the fields provided, such as:
Company name – enter your company name here
Primary Employer Name – In accordance with Section 2(17) of the ESI Act, Primary Employer means:
In the case of factory owner, occupant, owner or occupant manager, legal representative of deceased owner or occupant, factory manager under the Factory Act 1948.
In case of entity owned or controlled by Government of India, Designated Authority, Head of Department (does not have such authority)
In other companies – the person responsible for controlling and supervising the company
In the case of a business – owner or management owner, owner, partner, director
Country – where your factory/factory is located
Email ID (User Name)
No cell phone
Receiving username and password data: -After submitting registration data, you will receive an email from the ESIC insurance team. This email will contain your username and password details, which you will use to register as your employer and ESI staff.
Enter Credentials in ESIC Portal: – After receiving credentials, login to esic portal again and enter your credentials in “User Login Page”. So you need to enter the username and password as you received in the email and enter the captcha code next to the captcha code field. After entering the data, press “Enter”.
Select New Employer Registration and select the device type: -After logging in to your ESIC account you will see a page with “New Employer Registration” link. Click “New Employer Registration Link” to continue.
Complete details in Employer Registration – Form 01: When you submit an entity type, Employer Registration – Form 01 will appear on your screen. As you can see, this form is divided into many sections as can be seen from the section in the upper right corner of the form – 01. These include:
(I) Unit details:-This is the first section of the employer registration form – 01 that gets displayed after submitting the type of unit. In this section, you need to provide the details in respect of the unit you seek to register. These include:
- Name of the unit (factory/establishment):-Complete postal address of the factory/establishment including state, district, phone number, mobile number, fax number, email
- Police station:-Name of town/revenue village, taluk/tehsil, revenue demarcation/hubast number, municipality Whether the building/premises of factory/establishment is owned or hired. Choose the relevant option from the dropdown.If hired or there is a change in the name of the unit/ownership, you need to mention the same . Further, you need to provide the ESI code number if you were covered earlier, the date from which the earlier factory/establishment closed down and upload the copy of agreement or relevant deed containing terms and conditions under which property acquired/taken on lease.Once this is done, you can click on ‘Next’ to proceed further. You can also ‘save’ the data in case you want to complete the registration process later, reset in case you want to re-enter the details or cancel if you want to discontinue.
(II) Employer Details:-This section includes details related to the employer. Thus, you need to provide the following information in this section:
- Details of all the operational bank accounts such as account no, bank name, branch name MICR code of the bank/branch, IFSC code of the bank/branch
- Income tax PAN No/OIR no., income tax ward/circle/area
- Is your factory/establishment a multinational – yes/no, exact nature of work/business carried on, category, whether the activity being carried out in your factory/establishment is considered hazardous process
- Date of commencement of factory/establishment:-Whether registered under any of the acts such as factories act, shops and establishment act, other or none, Licence no, date and licensing authority, Other details that are applicable to you, Maximum number of employees that can be employed per day as per the licence.On filling the above details, click on ‘Next’ to proceed to the next section.
(III) Factory/Establishment Details:-This section contains details with regards to the factory/establishment you seek to register. These include:
- Date since power is used for manufacturing process as per section 2(k) of the factory act
- Whether License is issued under section 2(m)(i) or 2(m)(ii) of the factories act 1948
- Power connection details such as connection number, sanctioned power load and issuing authority
- Constitution of ownership
- Other details such as father’s name, age, permanent residential address of the manager declared under the factories act etc
- On filling the above details, click on ‘Next’ to proceed to the next section.
(IV) Employee Details:-
Work/business carried out by the contractor/direct employer
EPF code number
Number of workers employed directly and by direct employers for salary at the time of application
First date since 10 or 20 or more employees covered by the ESI Act were hired for a paycheck
Amount of salary paid in the previous month
Employee declaration form
branch and inspection department
After completing the above information, check the box that requires you to certify the accuracy of the information provided and click “Submit”.
Pay Deposit: –After completing all the details in the Employee Details section, you will be directed to the Prepaid Page. If you click on the ‘Initial Payment Link’ here, you will be directed to the ‘Prepayment’ page where you will need to fill in the ‘Payment Amount’ column and select the payment mode (online or offline) to make an advance payment for 6 months’ . After filling in this information, click the “Submit” button. Write down your Challan number and click Next to make payment.
Receipt of registration letter C-11: -After payment, you as the employer will receive a letter generated by the system to register your registered email identifier after the challenge is done by the bank. It should be noted that C-11 is a computer-generated letter and does not require a signature. In other words, it will be used as legal proof of your unit’s registration under the ESI Act.
Qus:- How can I get esic number by name?
Even though we can’t find ESI number by name, but if we have ESIC number then we can download temporary ESIC card online. But remember only your employer can able to download your temporary ESIC card.
Qus:- What is the current ESI contribution rate?
Presently, the ESI contribution rate is 4.00%, out of which the employer and employee contribute 3.25% and 0.75% of the wages of employee respectively.
Qus:- How is the ESI contribution calculated?
ESI is a self-funded scheme in which an employee’s contribution rate and the employer’s contribution is revised periodically. Presently, the employee and employer contribute 0.75% and 3.25% of the employee’s wages, respectively.
Qus:- What is the ESI limit?
The existing wage limit under the ESI Act, 1948 is Rs. 21,000 per month. In case of any disability, the wage limit for coverage is Rs. 25,000 per month.